[Kwintv] Building on RedHat 8

Guild N Crantz kwintv@mail.kde.org
27 Dec 2002 21:10:46 -0500

I'm sorry if this is a repeat question, but I have gone through the
archives and don't see the answer:

This is technically my first KDE application that I'm building, and so I
was thrown through a loop with the build process because I thought that
QT was located at /usr/lib/qt3 on RedHat 8, but it appears to need some
links if this is the actual location of the files.  The reason I say
this is because: I set QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3

The KWinTV instructions say to use: QTDIR=/opt/qt3 but I don't have this
directory.

The reason for all of this is that I am getting the ./configure error:
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt) not
found. Please check your installation!

but I can find qt-mt at /usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib/

Is there a link that I need to build?  Am I setting QTDIR to the
incorrect directory (if this is the case, should KDEDIR still be left at
/usr/lib/kde3, or does that need to be changed as well?)

Thank you for your help,

Guildencrantz