[Kwintv] ask for help

kwintv@mail.kde.org kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:00:25 +0100

--=_alternative 0047A31EC1256C94_=

Dear sir/madam,

My name is William working on a project at Philips.

I am writing to ask for help.

My problem is as follows:

I am going to build an application on Linux(SUSE) to present SI(service
info) of analogue channels received by an analogue TV card(PCI). Since
this is like one of those functionalities of Kwintv, I'd like to ask
questions:

1. Do you use V4L2 to control any analogue TV card to tune and get SI? If
yes, did you ever control any WinTV family cards(http://www.hauppauge.tv), which card do you use?
2. Could you give some recommendations of using V4L2 on analogue TV card,
such as to get SI or to tune.

Sorry for the disturbance, I am totally new in this domain but the
deadline is waiting for me.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

William