[Kwintv] Contributing more to qtvision

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 02:10:38 +0100

On Tuesday 17 December 2002 19:05, George Staikos wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 December 2002 12:52, Neil Macvicar wrote:
> > I want to work some more on qtvision, and am wondering how up to date the
> > webpage is on the "Known Not Working" section. Also, a description of the
> > bugs there would be benificial, as then I would know what to look for :)
> > I was going to fix the Mute (partially broken) bit, but I have no idea
> > how it is partially broken.
>
>   Check the file LAUNDRY in kwintv3/qtvision.  It's the laundry list of
> things that have to get done at some point.  Some of them have names
> attached, some do not.  I think the alsa plugin is listed there so we can
> probably remove it. :)  The best thing you could do is pick something
> self-contained and unassigned and try to work on it.  Make sure you get a
> feel for the architecture first though.  Regarding that, I am changing the
> Manager classes to be non-singleton and making the QtVision class more
> central (containing pointers to the managers, etc).

Then I would note, that I have assigned myself to lirc stuff. I have plans for
the configurability, by I dont know about any other pending issues (mentined
in the LAUNDRY)

Also I think that
- Finalise the direct channel number changing scheme as discussed on the list
is already done. Or what exatly is needed, that is not already done?

> some commonly reported bugs:
>
> - changing channel with keyboard numbers (hitting the number itself) often
> leaves numbers stuck on the screen.

There was a discussion about this, and I though that it is already fixed. And
it seems that some work was done in this regard.
I will finish the fix, and commet tomorrow.

> - volume toolbar is not removeable
> - some of the mainwindow client modes may not work correctly (especially
> video desktop, which once worked)
> - keyboard problems

You mean the problem that the keyboard shortcuts are not working in the
Fullscreen and TV mode (it only works in normal mode).
Or something other?

> - configuration file saving is really broken in some ways.  when switching
> video plugins, it often "forgets" the list of channels that should have
> been saved for that plugin, and reprompts for a default channel list.  it
> also seems to forget the previous "source" for a given plugin.

I have fixed these issues about a month ago (I have also committed it then).
It was a pretty trivial fix, so maybe it was not noticed.

Do you have any more problems?

> - channel importing from kwintv channels does not work correctly apparently
>
>   Hmm that's what I can think of off-hand.  There are lots of bugs in the
> v4l driver but it's still under heavy development and I'm probably the only
> one who understands some of the voodoo in there right now. :-)  The Xv
> driver is in good shape and I don't think it really needs much more work at
> all.

The v4l driver worked pretty nice when I used it not that much ago. It looked
as much good as xawtv without overlay :) So I think that is mostly fixed.

Regards
Zsolt