[Kwintv] Next alpha release.

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:38:36 -0500

On Tuesday 17 December 2002 07:27, Christopher Young wrote:
> What I know is that I am following the instructions for downloading and
> compiling qtvision (latest kwintv) via the instructions on the website.
> This is what I know.  When will the whole application name issue come to an
> end. Is it kwintv3, kwintv, or qtvision?

   kwintv3 is the third iteration of work on "kwintv" (to my knowledge).  It
is just the directory name in CVS.  We have kept the name of the binary
"qtvision" right now, because it was derived on code I wrote called
"qtvision", and calling it "kwintv" would interfere with the old version.  It
is not yet polished enough to entirely replace the old kwintv so some people
keep both running.

   As to a new alpha/beta/prerelease, I really don't want to do so until
things are relatively bug free.  Right now there are too many major bugs
floating around, so I don't see much value in it.  I also need to clean up a
few architectural problems, but they should be quick and I already started
this.  My biggest concern is getting all the basic functionality working so
we can get imported into KDE standard distribution.  Then we can "make it
cool" and add more features.