[Kwintv] Scanning Problems

John Campbell kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:17:05 -0800

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 10:07 am, W1ZARD wrote:
> Tried using kwintv and xawtv and have the same problem.
> Basicly they start up on a station but weather i use the scanning wizar=
d or
> manually tune it it has no effect on the station.
> So i cant scan for the rest of the channels , or even knock the current=
 one
> off its frequency.
> Any Ideas?
> Slack8.1/9beta kernel 2.4.19

Sounds like your capture card isn't being correctly identified.

Bttv believes all ATI TV-wonder-VE cards like mine have a tuner type=3D2,=
 while=20
mine is a tuner type=3D17.  I hade to manually go in there to set it corr=
ectly.

I searched through google for anyone who had set up a TV-Wonder-VE on Lin=
ux=20
and tried their solutions out one after the other until I got one that=20
worked.

What kind of capture card are you using?