Custom shell surface protocol for Plasma surfaces

Vlad Zahorodnii vlad.zahorodnii at kde.org
Thu Mar 19 07:49:46 GMT 2020

On 3/5/20 4:34 PM, Vlad Zahorodnii wrote:
> I had a quick look at QtWayland's source code and so far it looks like
> we (KDE) can implement a custom shell surface extension on our side and
> instruct QtWayland to use it rather than xdg-shell(take my words with a
> grain of salt, though).

Just some follow up: I've had a more closer look how we could implement
a custom shell integration plugin here in KDE. As I said previously, it
looks like we can implement it, but we would have to use private APIs of
QWayland. It's not good, but given that we use private QPA APIs in KWin
I don't consider it to be a big blocker.

https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtwayland.git/tree/src/client/shellintegration/qwaylandshellintegration_p.h

Cheers,
Vlad