Splitting KWayland

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Apr 27 13:57:33 BST 2020

Hi,
As discussed in the meeting last week, I've been looking into the split.

Here's what I was thinking of, please tell me if there's something
massively important I'm missing.

The idea would be to start working on it after kwayland and other kf5
have been tagged next week (?).

Something I was wondering too is that I guess the new repos should end
up in invent? Although neither plasma or kf5 are there.
So maybe not?

There's a couple of questions below as well, thoughts would be welcome

Aleix

git clone kde:kwayland
mv kwayland plasma-wayland-protocols
cd plasma-wayland-protocols
git rm -r autotests/ docs/ tests/ src/
# fix build
# close https://phabricator.kde.org/T13024

git clone kde:kwayland
mv kwayland/ kwayland-server
git rm -r src/client/
# namespace KWayland::Server -> namespace KWaylandServer
# fix build
# remove server tests?
# see to move things to KWin?
# close https://phabricator.kde.org/T13025