D28674: Implement a updateXTime compatible with Xcb and XWayland

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 24 15:17:21 BST 2020

zzag requested changes to this revision.
zzag added a comment.

  After some thinking, it's probably better not to merge this patch because updating current X11 time stamp asynchronously may break a lot of things on X11. On the other hand, it's highly undesired to make roundtrips to Xwayland.

  I suggest to split this task into two sub-tasks:
  (a) Implement updateXTime() on Wayland. After digging through Xwayland's internals, it appears like we could use the system monotonic time as Xwayland's current X11 time stamp. For what it's worth, Mutter does the same.
  (b) Enable synchronized resizing for Xwayland clients. This will be a more subtle problem since Xwayland attaches a null buffer after the frame window has been resized. I don't know how to fix it yet.

  I also would like to apologize for spotting issues with the patch too late in the code review process.