D28152: KWinRules KCM Redesign

Ismael Asensio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 16 22:38:08 BST 2020

iasensio added a comment.

  > Something changed because now with the default System Setting window size, when I click on the create new rule button, I see this: F8242233: Screenshot_20200416_135314.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8242233>

  I can reproduce it. I'm making the `ConfigModule.columnWidth` a bit wider to fix it for the default SySe size.
  I'd like to set a different width for each page, but that's not possible currently, I think.

  > Also when I click on Detect window properties, it always enters the text "navigator" into the window class text field, but adds the window title into the window title text box which is hidden by default. Is that expected?

  This is expected, yes. The detected properties only fill those fields that are disabled or empty, to not overwrite user's settings. The previous KCM had the same behavior, but also showed a (quite ugly) selection window only for the "matching" section. It's on my future TODO to add some UI to let the user apply or discard the detected properties.

  > With respect to how to make the view less overwhelming, here's an idea: make each section header collapsible, and collapse all sections by default except for the Window Matching header, whose contents would be entirely visible by default. Then remember the expanded/collapsed state for each section globally, so a person who expands them all will always see them expanded in the future.

  I'll give it a try, but the current model is linear (, and grouped by a section role. It might be difficult to achieve it without fully changing model.
  I wouldn't like to miss that by default, only the selected properties for each rule are shown, as properties "added" to a list. The con, of course is that it can be a bit harder to start editing a new rule.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in OptionsComboBox.qml:69
> Hmm, this is not fixed yet for me. Probably you need to put a MouseArea inside the ItemDelegate that toggles the checkbox if clicked.

oh, silly me! I did that on the main list selection when exporting.. will repeat it here

> ngraham wrote in ValueEditor.qml:139
> Needs to be a bit bigger; the text still expands when set to 100%.

Ok. I might have a slightly smaller font.
Is there a not very hackish way the get the width for "100%" with user's font?