D24462: Adjust scene for client-side decorated clients

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 7 11:46:18 BST 2019

zzag created this revision.
zzag added a reviewer: KWin.
Herald added a project: KWin.
Herald added a subscriber: kwin.
zzag requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently our Scene is quite naive about geometry. It assumes that the
  window frame wraps attached buffer/client. While this is true for X11
  clients, such geometry model is not suitable for client-side decorated
  clients, in our case for xdg-shell clients that set window geometry
  other than the bounding rectangle of the main surface.

  In general, the proposed solution doesn't make any concrete assumptions
  about the order between frame and buffer geometry, however we may still
  need to reconsider the design of Scene once it starts to generate quads
  for sub-surfaces.

AFFECTED FILES
  abstract_client.h
  deleted.cpp
  deleted.h
  effects.cpp
  plugins/scenes/opengl/scene_opengl.cpp
  plugins/scenes/qpainter/scene_qpainter.cpp
  plugins/scenes/xrender/scene_xrender.cpp
  scene.cpp
  scene.h
  toplevel.cpp
  toplevel.h