D25907: [platforms/drm] Introduce Gl post-process output rotations

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 16 10:10:33 GMT 2019

romangg added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in egl_gbm_backend.cpp:260
> seems unused?
> Personally I'd say it's the better name.

I added this at some point because the GLShader and/or GLVertexBuffer classes were somewhat expecting a uniform variable of this name to be in the shader. But I don't remember if I also checked back one last time in the end without it.

> davidedmundson wrote in egl_gbm_backend.cpp:274
> Can we make such GLSL assumptions?
>
> I expect this would error on the phone.
>
> ShaderManager::instance()->pushShader(ShaderTrait::MapTexture)
>
> would be safer.

Yea, good question about the versioning. While working on it I just chose the one that worked on my system, but you're right these won't work on every system. Since the shader is pretty simple would it be enough to rewrite it as a version 110 shader to get it to work everywhere (although I then don't understand why most effects have a 110 an 140 version and not just the 110)?

I didn't use the MapTexture trait because when doing that certain assumptions are being made about the shader that only fit shaders created for Scene rendering.