D25904: [libkwineffects] Set original backend framebuffer for render targets

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 11 22:44:25 GMT 2019

romangg added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> fredrik wrote in kwinglutils.cpp:1091
> I'd also like to see a matching setDefaultViewport(), because calls to glGet*() forces serialization of the internal driver threads.

Can you explain some more? So whenever we change the current viewport call "setDefaultViewport"?

> fredrik wrote in kwinglutils.h:552
> Could we name this setDefaultFramebuffer()?
>
> I think the documentation is also a bit misleading, because it is not necessarily the framebuffer object currently being rendered to. It's the framebuffer at the very bottom of the stack.

I find naming this API something like defaultFramebuffer difficult (as outlined in D25904#575910 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25904#575910>): because the default framebuffer is not changed when the function is called. The default framebuffer is what this can be changed to but it is not always the default framebuffer. Would `setBackendFramebuffer` be alright with you? Or `setBottomFramebuffer`?

I agree the documentation is misleading. I will change it up a bit.