[Ktechlab-devel] feature ideas.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 6 00:12:32 UTC 2009

Even Gentoo finally pushed KDE4 out into it's unstable stream. It has
some major problems, for example it couldn't handle both of my monitors
at once so I had to fire off TWM on my other monitor.

Here are some feature ideas that I want to toss up, some of them might
be repeats:

-- Make wire thickness relative to current capacity in order to
highlight the "primary" circuit and helping the user see what is part of
the "power" circuit and what's the "control" circuit.

-- Automatically add a "ground wiring" sheet to each circuit. This will
allow the user to specify connectedness between different ground bars.
For exmaple, A-ground might be clamped to earth by a pair of germanium
diodes so that it is still safe but doesn't conduct noise from earth and
is resistant to ground loops. (urk! another part we don't have. =0)

-- expert adviser: add an expert system that can find common problems
with circuits, can help identify inefficiencies and other fault conditions.

By the way, the SVN version is not exhibiting the missing wires and
dangling nodes issue on my favorite circuit that it had in the past.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.