[Ktechlab-devel] Some UML-like diagrams

Axel Jäger axel.jaeger at basyskom.de
Sun Dec 27 22:52:09 UTC 2009

> We could inherit ForLoopItem from QWidget (or more specifically from some frame), then embed it into the scene with the addWidget method (
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qgraphicsscene.html#addWidget
> ), and insert in the frame a new graphics scene. The details of this should be worked out.

No, please do not embed QWidgets in a QGraphicsScene. This is just a migration thing to be able to mix old widget based code with new QGraphicsItem-based code. For new things that should live in a QGraphicsScene, subclass either QGraphicsItem or QGraphicsWidget if you want something like a widget.

Embedding classic QWidgets in a GraphicsScene suffers from performance problems and funny effects because there is now 2 trees: The object and the item tree and they fight against each other.

Feel free to ask me any questions about that topic.

Axel