[Ktechlab-devel] Some UML-like diagrams

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 21:30:22 UTC 2009

2009/12/27 Julian <julian at svg4all.de>

> moin,
>
> On Sunday 27 December 2009 13:21:38 Zoltan Padrah wrote:
> > here are some diagrams about how I imagine the kde4 port's document
> should
> > work like:
> >

> http://sourceforge.net/userapps/trac/zoltan_padrah/wiki/KtechlabDocumentPro
> > posed
> Just a short note on the flow-code structure. The "container" Items
> (ForLoopItem and WhileLoopItem) must be derived from QGraphicsItem. We
> should
> sub-class QGraphicsItem and implement QGraphicsItem::dropEvent to handle
> dropping of flow-code elements. QGraphicItems can have children, which can
> be
> painted "inside" the parent Item. (All coordinates are relative to the
> parents
> coordinates.) Qt handles all this, we just need to implement the handler
> for
> the dropEvent.
> This is just a minor implementation issue, but it should be changed. A
> QGraphicsView can only have one QGraphicsScene at a time. And a Scene can't
> contain a Scene. (As I said, this is handled by the QGraphicsItems, which
> can
> have children and provide some sort of "nested" setup.

You're right, the diagrams are not correct.

We could inherit ForLoopItem from QWidget (or more specifically from some
frame), then embed it into the scene with the addWidget method (
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qgraphicsscene.html#addWidget
), and insert in the frame a new graphics scene. The details of this should
be worked out.

Another issue to be discussed is how should we split the source code; what
kind of plugins do we want to create. Should there be a dependency between
plugins?