[Ktechlab-devel] Progress! =)

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sat Jun 17 22:01:28 UTC 2006

I've been working on the voltage signal part and while it still isn't
floating, it's working well enough to simulate the center-tapped
secondary on the transformer I'm considering. What I did was two things,
first I implemented a "Globally Accessible Clock" which allows all parts
in the simulation to latch onto the same time standard, then I
implemented the phase angle variable (in units of pi), Next I simply set
my top voltage source to phase angle 0, and my bottom to phase angle 1
and put a diode on each of them.

Working with dummy loads, I can now power the power-amplifier and
phase-splitter portions of my design. Unfortunately, when I try to power
the pre-amp, the entire thing drops to 0 volts or shows negative
voltages where there aren't supposed to be any. =(

Another issue I had when trying to implement a full-wave bridge
rectifier on a single voltage source was infinite current during the
negative phase -- because the thing isn't floating. =\

--
Don't let your schoolwork get in the way of your learning.

### NEW E-MAIL: agrimes at speakeasy.net ###