QtPositioning with KStars?

Valentin Boettcher valentin at boettcher.cf
Wed Aug 9 07:46:26 UTC 2017

Hi.

It may be, that my system differs from yours, bit I geoclue working.

I would suggest, that you take the same steps as I did and try to build
it from source. They also have a demo `where-am-i` in the demo folders
which produced the following output for me:

Client object: /org/freedesktop/GeoClue2/Client/1

New location:
Latitude:    51.034122°
Longitude:   13.739034°
Accuracy:    142.931009 meters
Timestamp:   Wed 09 Aug 2017 09:41:21 AM CEST (1502264481 seconds since the Epoch)

New location:
Latitude:    51.034137°
Longitude:   13.739026°
Accuracy:    141.526416 meters
Speed:       0.197150 meters/second
Heading:     116.865814°
Timestamp:   Wed 09 Aug 2017 09:41:30 AM CEST (1502264490 seconds since
the Epoch)

It seems that QT uses an older version of the library, but it is really
quite simple to use it directly, though annoying for portability
reasons.

Well, however:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/GeoClue/#index4h1 is the key.

I'll have to test QT Location services.