QtPositioning with KStars?

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Tue Aug 8 18:04:42 UTC 2017

Hello all,

So I tried recently to introduce QtPositioning into KStars location dialog
so that it can fetch geo-location from Qt from whatever backend system
supported on the operating system.

It's already used in KStars Lite to fetch location info from Android.
However, on desktop Linux, Qt Positioning relies on geoclue. I have it
installed right here, but I can't seem to get any position info on it. I
used geoclue-test-gui but that just threw errors even though I installed
several position providers.

Anybody has any clue how to diagnose the issue here? I really would like to
make location-fetching part of the upcoming KStars release!

--
Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq