[Kstars-devel] INDI Control panel is blank

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sun May 29 07:09:10 UTC 2016

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear about your problem. First of all, 2.2.0 is a bit of outdated
version, it is better to use recent and supported version (2.5.0+), we have
a PPA for Ubuntu (we recommend 16.04 LTS) that has automatic daily updates.
Also, you're not suppose to you the device manager if you're using Ekos. So
just start KStars, go to Ekos directly, and select SBIG CCD from either the
CCD/Guider combo and then start INDI. Also, make sure the ST-i is already
connected to USB before starting KStars.

Regards,
Jasem

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 12:35 AM, Richard Gray <grayro at appstate.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using KStars 2.2.0, and I am trying to connect an ST-i so that I can
> take images with Ekos, but I am running into a problem.
>
> I can connect with the ST-i via device manager, and that reports that the
> indi driver is running successfully.  I then bring up Ekos, and I can
> select the SBIG CCD under select devices.  When I click on Start INDI, it
> says "Indi services started, please connect devices", and then brings up a
> completely blank INDI control panel.  I thought that I connect devices via
> the device manager, but is there something that I am missing?
>
> --
> Dr. Richard O. Gray
> Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy
> Appalachian State University
> Boone, NC 28608
> office: 828-262-2430

Best Regards,