[Kstars-devel] KStars on Windows - KStars successfully built on Windows

Raphael Cojocaru raphael.cojocaru at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 20:53:15 UTC 2016

Hi to all KStars fellows!
I am writing to give you an update about my latest work. After several errors and challenges, I managed to successfully build KStars on Windows! Basically, this means now KStars can be used on Windows, along with its entire functionality. Furthermore, for a better and authentic look, I included KStars' custom icons. Thus, it looks very cool and its performance is great! Right now, I am working on packaging KStars using emerge automatic system, based on NSIS tool. As a starting point I will follow another KDE application’s example that already has such an installer (i.e. Kate).My next steps are migrating Ekos to Windows and adding ASCOM support.More details can be found on my blog : https://raphaelcojocaru.wordpress.com/ . Also I finally managed to publish my blog on Planet KDE, so you can follow my posts there too!
I am waiting for your further questions and advices! Thanks!
Best regards,Raphael