[Kstars-devel] GSoC 2016

slangwhanger gk.009801 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:34:12 UTC 2016

Dear Developers,
I am Gaurav Kumar, a 2nd year student of B.Tech engineering , IIT Roorkee,
India.

I would like to develop for the KDE Organisation as a part of GSOC, in
particular the KStars Software.
I am an amateur astronomer myself, so I am very excited to be a part of
this project. :)

I want to contribute to the "KStars for windows" project because
As of now there are only very few software like KStars on Windows ,
and I feel that  most end-users on windows , amateur astronomers like
myself, would want to use such a software  but setting it up is quite a
hassle,
so they are intimidated by it.

Also I feel that the user interface of this software needs to be improved
and I hope to accomplish the task when I would be more experienced in the
development.

I have already built KStars and the supporting environment. And I am
comfortable in C++ and Qt.
Right now I am studying the KStars source code.
But I am not able to think as to how to proceed for the project, It would
be a great help if you could guide me.

Regards,
Gaurav Kumar