[Kstars-devel] Caldwell catalog in Kstars?

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 02:56:31 UTC 2016

Dear Magnus

You're welcome here, and it is fine to ask user questions since we
have low traffic; and also your question is more a developer question
since it's about adding to KStars.

The immediate problem of making a Caldwell catalog available in KStars
is that Caldwell is Copyright 1995 Patrick Moore and Sky Publishing
Corporation. However, it looks like the cross-identifications are
available on Wikipedia, identifying Caldwell objects against other
catalogs. Let me see if I can do a bit of manual work to use the
cross-identifications with data from other catalogs and put them
together.