[Kstars-devel] Dire need for Windows version

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Mon Feb 29 06:56:04 UTC 2016

Hi Akarsh,

I saw the review too and was disappointed. And yes lacking Windows version
is definitely the fault here, and while there is technically a Windows
version of an older KStars installation now, it is quite cumbersome for the
average user to install. I really do hope we can get KStars on Windows and
also on OSX in the future. The short term goal for this is the GSoC 2016
Project.

Furthermore, I really think we should also have a lite version for
tablet/mobile, and hopefully a talented student can pickup this GSoC
project as well.

Raphael, please share all your progress and obstacles here on the mailing
list.

Regards,
Jasem

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 3:02 AM, Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear co-developers
>
> Astronomy magazine reviewed a list of 15 astronomy software this
> month. As is to be expected, we were left out. Stellarium and Cartes
> du Ciel were amongst the free software included.
>
> I attribute this to the lack of a usable Windows version, which seems
> to be difficult at the moment because of the lack of a KF5 port.
>
> Raphael, I prefer we discuss this matter here. To compile, follow the
> instructions to build KF5 on Windows. You can ask for more help on
> #kde-windows -- as they know way more than I do.
>
> Regards
> Akarsh

Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq