[Kstars-devel] Dire need for Windows version

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 00:02:19 UTC 2016

Dear co-developers

Astronomy magazine reviewed a list of 15 astronomy software this
month. As is to be expected, we were left out. Stellarium and Cartes
du Ciel were amongst the free software included.

I attribute this to the lack of a usable Windows version, which seems
to be difficult at the moment because of the lack of a KF5 port.

Raphael, I prefer we discuss this matter here. To compile, follow the
instructions to build KF5 on Windows. You can ask for more help on
#kde-windows -- as they know way more than I do.