[Kstars-devel] Integrating KStars Lite in KStars

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sat Apr 30 16:42:01 UTC 2016

Hi Artem,

1. I think the #ifdef while would make the code uglier but it is the way to
go. This is because creating a separate project for kstars-lite would make
it obsolete and out of date very soon with the main branch.
2. The updatePlanets is to update all solar system bodies including
computation of their current JNow coordinates and Equatorial to Horizontal
conversion. This happens on a faster update cycle than regular 'update'
which is called once every solar minute. I renamed the function and added
some documentation so it becomes clearer.

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress!

Regards,
Jasem

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 7:01 PM, Artem Fedoskin <afedoskin3 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear KStars team
>
> I'm currently investigating the way of integrating KStars Lite in KStars
> and have a bunch of questions:
>
> 1.I decided to write from scratch KStars class, as it is a subclass of
> KXmlGuiWindow, which won't be used in Lite version, SkyMap class and
> everything related to old SkyMap. However, I will just add new code and
> block the old one in such classes like KStarsData and derivatives of
> SkyComponent/SkyComposite with #ifdef KSTARS_LITE macros, like it is
> already done with INDI and OpenGL support. Is it ok?
> 2. What is the difference in, for example, SolarSystemSingleComponent
> between update() and updatePlanets() functions? The latter recomputes
> position of planet with new KSNumbers value, right?
>
> I will start by creating new KStarsLite class, add all stuff related to
> UI prototype, that I showed in proposal, but later I will change it with
> the new one, which will be probably based on Kirigami framework.

Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq