[Kstars-devel] Integrating KStars Lite in KStars

Artem Fedoskin afedoskin3 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:01:52 UTC 2016

Dear KStars team

I'm currently investigating the way of integrating KStars Lite in KStars
and have a bunch of questions:

1.I decided to write from scratch KStars class, as it is a subclass of
KXmlGuiWindow, which won't be used in Lite version, SkyMap class and
everything related to old SkyMap. However, I will just add new code and
block the old one in such classes like KStarsData and derivatives of
SkyComponent/SkyComposite with #ifdef KSTARS_LITE macros, like it is
already done with INDI and OpenGL support. Is it ok?
2. What is the difference in, for example, SolarSystemSingleComponent
between update() and updatePlanets() functions? The latter recomputes
position of planet with new KSNumbers value, right?

I will start by creating new KStarsLite class, add all stuff related to
UI prototype, that I showed in proposal, but later I will change it with
the new one, which will be probably based on Kirigami framework.