[Kstars-devel] KStars on Windows - GSoC 2016

Cojocaru Raphael raphael.cojocaru at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 20:19:05 UTC 2016

Dear KStars developers and contributors,

Let me introduce myself: my name is Raphael Cojocaru, I am an engineering
student presently in my second year of study at the Faculty of Automatic
Control and Computer Science from the Polytechnic University of Bucharest,
Romania, and I am involved in KDE community, especially in the KStars
project for about five months now. During this time I met extraordinary
people and I also acquired a great deal of knowledge in software
development and open-source as well. Today, I am honoured and at the same
time very happy to announce you that I will take part at Google Summer of
Code 2016, with “KStars on Windows" project. The "KStars on Windows"
project aims to develop a single KStars executable used to install KStars
and any prerequisite libraries needed by KDE5/Qt5. My mentors are Jasem
Mutlaq and Akarsh Simha.
I will regularly post updates regarding my work on my blog:
https://raphaelcojocaru.wordpress.com/
You can also see my current progress here:
https://github.com/KDE/kstars/tree/gsoc2016-windows
I am waiting for any suggestions or questions. You can contact me on email
or IRC:
    E-mail: raphael.cojocaru at gmail.com / raphael.cojocaru at yahoo.com
    IRC: raphael29

Best regards,