[Kstars-devel] Introduction of GSoC 2016 project KStars Lite

Artem Fedoskin afedoskin3 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:00:10 UTC 2016

Dear developers of KStars,

My name is Artem Fedoskin and I'm happy to be chosen to work on KStars
within GSoC 2016. Together with my mentor Jasem Mutlaq I will work on an
exciting project called KStars Lite.

As the title suggests KStars Lite is a KStars version for mobile/tablets,
slow machines like budget laptops, netbooks, single-board computers like
Raspberry Pi, etc. One of the main differences between desktop and lite
versions is that the graphics of the latter will be based on QML/QtQuick.

KStars Lite is built bearing in mind the differences between mouse/touch
interfaces and the graphical frontend will be designed according to touch
interfaces of mobile platforms.

Detailed info about the project and my proposal you can find in my
introduction post here
<http://thelastpolaris.blogspot.de/2016/04/hello-world.html> (in case the
link is lost http://thelastpolaris.blogspot.com/2016/04/hello-world.html).
This blog will host posts about my progress during the GSoC.

You can find me here:
IRC freenode - polaris or polaris_
Google Chat - afedoskin3 at gmail.com

You can also track my progress in gsoc2016-kstarslite branch.

Feel free to contact me about any suggestions you have regarding the KStars
Lite

Regards,
Artem