[Kstars-devel] GSoC projects: please prefer #kde-kstars / kstars-devel ML for discussions

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Wed May 27 07:38:40 UTC 2015

I totally agree. I am communicating with both students via email, but I
believe it is a good idea to discuss all emails from now on on the mailing
list so it is visible to all.

Regarding Daniel, I think it is best if he described the project himself!
He also keeps a blog here: https://danielgsoc.wordpress.com/

Regards,
Jasem

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I was advised by one of the GSoC admins for KDE that we must try and
> keep discussions pertaining to the GSoC projects to channels largely
> visible to the KDE / KStars community, like #kde-kstars IRC channel,
> and the kstars-devel mailing list, just as we do with non-GSoC
> development discussions. This serves multiple purposes:
> 1. All of us know what development is happening and are made more
> acquainted with the project (especially will help in case I have to
> back-up for Jasem when he's not available later in the summer on the
> Ekos project)
> 2. GSoC is an introduction to open source development, and as part of
> it, it is important for our students to learn to use the right
> channels of communication, just as they would post GSoC.
>
> Jasem, it would also help me if you could brief me a bit on Daniel's
> project, so that I know what I might need to do when you're in this
> part of the world. :-)
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards
> Akarsh