[Kstars-devel] Extending Hendry Draper numbers in Kstars

M.S. Adityan msadityan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 05:54:18 UTC 2015

Another way to tackle this issue would be to use the HD numbers listed in
clines.dat. Since KStars draws constellation boundary lines using these HD
numbers only, I will not run into a problem. But again, it would be a
lengthy process of figuring out the coordinates of the stars in the
corresponding image.

M.S.Adityan
Website: www.msadityan.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/msadityan

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 12:31 AM, M.S. Adityan <msadityan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got it from a list in Stellaruim. It has an accurate list of stars with
> HD numbers and corresponding pixel coordinates in the images. While
> stellaruim used HIP numbers, I made the list by converting the HIP numbers
> to HD numbers for KStars.
> On 23 Jun 2015 00:25, "Jasem Mutlaq" <mutlaqja at ikarustech.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok I'm curious on what basis those stars were selected to begin with
>> again?
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 9:49 PM, M.S. Adityan <msadityan at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Sure. Here are they.