[Kstars-devel] Review commit

M.S. Adityan msadityan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:00:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I just committed code to the gsoc2015-constellationsart branch. The code
doesn't compile yet, it is meant for review. Here is a quick summary of the
changes I have made.

1. ConstellationsArt is a SkyObject. ConstArtComponent is a SkyComponent.
2. ConstArtComponent has a QList that maintains all required data for
drawing images on the skymap.
3. I have modified TextureManager::findTexture() to include the path
skycultures/western when it searches for image files.
4. Added ConstArtComponent via addComponent() in SkyMapComposite.
5. The virtual function draw() is called from SkyMapComposite as
ConstArtComponent *m_ConstArt; m_ConstArt->draw(skyp);
6. The ConstArtComponent::draw(SkyPainter *skyp) function has a loop that
runs to draw 85 western constellation images. It calls the
drawConstArtImage function to do the drawing.
7. ConstArtComponent::drawConstArtImage(SkyPainter *skyp, ConstellationsArt
*obj, bool drawImage) draws the constellation image using the
QImage::drawImage() function.

Questions that I have:
1. I am using the QImage::translate() function to translate to position
corresponding to a star in a constellation.There are 3 reference stars for
each constellation, so how should I define the position to translate to?

2. In each constellation image, a particular pixel is supposed to
correspond to a particular star. How do I make that particular pixel draw
ON the corresponding star?

Thanks and regards
M.S.Adityan
Website: www.msadityan.com