[Kstars-devel] Pushed a few commits to gsoc2015-constellationsart

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 06:23:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

1. I meant "_a_ complex transform", i.e. I can't write the formulas
off the top of my head but I'm sure they are more _complicated_ than
those for a linear transform.

2. I think a custom txt file is not a good format for such a database.
If you add another property to constellations at some point, it will
be hard to maintain consistency between the txt files (in different
format versions!) and the code. Did you consider using JSON or XML
instead? Qt5 has integrated read/write support for both JSON and XML.

3. GSoC FAQ says that among open source licenses you should choose the
one recommended by the mentoring organization, KDE in your case. KDE
has a licensing policy [1] from which I can conclude that GPL2+/KDE
should be preferred. But KStars is currently licensed under GPL2+, so
it may be reasonable to instead keep all KStars source files under the
same license.

[1] https://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy

--
Alexander Potashev