[Kstars-devel] Suggestions for a newbie

M.S. Adityan msadityan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:08:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thanks Akarsh and Rafal. I intend to apply for GSoC 2015. So is there
something specific towards which I can work? Maybe a 'probable' project
idea you may have? Meanwhile I have been reading the class definitions of
various classes used in KStars and learning Qt. I made a simple notepad
program in Qt that could save and open files and that is available here
https://github.com/DrAwkward2592

One of the tasks listed under the Junior jobs category, regarding adding
constellation art was always on my wishlist. I wanted it in KStars when I
saw it being used in Stellarium. Would there be a way to integrate
Stellarium to KStars, so KStars could have access to constellation arts?

I would love to get to know some ideas for small patches or code samples i
could write for KStars.

Thanks and regards,
Adityan