[Kstars-devel] GSoC 2016 ideas?

julien at obs-besancon.fr julien at obs-besancon.fr
Thu Dec 10 09:19:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

    Just an idea I wish to suggest. The most useful thing to me in
Kstars is the Altitude vs. Time tool (but maybe I am the only one in
this situation). One thing that would improve a lot this tool is to
enable some tuning of the plotting ranges.

    For example, a possibility could be that a right clic on the time
or altitude axis could open a menu where one could change the range.

    Another possibility would be to directly interact with the curves,
in a similar way as with gnuplot: a right clic in the plot starts a
rectangle whose size is tuned by moving the mouse. When one releases
the right button, the figure zooms to the region defined by the
rectangle.

Regards,

Julien