[Kstars-devel] GSoC 2015

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Wed Apr 29 06:56:55 UTC 2015

Hi Adityan,

Congrats to you and Daniel for getting GSoC spots for KStars this year, it
shall be a very exciting summer ahead of us. During the community "bonding"
period, you are support to get to know the community and also the
codebase/documentation. Therefore I'd suggest you brush up on the KStars
API and prepare to start the project, it's never too early. I will create
two branches, one for the constellation art project and one for Ekos
scheduler project. Now, both you and Daniel need to apply for KDE accounts
to gain commit access, but all your work should be restricted within the
gsoc branches:

gsoc15-constellatoinart
gsoc15-ekos

Please checkout the branches and get KStars built and running in Qt Creator
or any other IDE of choice.

Regards,
Jasem

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:24 PM, M.S. Adityan <msadityan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> This would be second formal introduction. My name is Adityan, and I have
> been selected for the Constellation Art Project. I want to thank my mentor
> Jasem and other KStars mentors who selected me. Thanks a lot!
>
> This being the community bonding period, I am wondering what exactly does
> it entail. I have already set up a development environment. I also plan to
> make my blog soon, and add it to PlanetKDE. What else should I be doing
> right now in the community bonding period?
>
> I would be done with my 4th semester in college soon. I would have to
> write my final exams from 4th to 15th May.
>
> I would be glad to get to know all members of the Kstars community.
> Presently I know Jasem, Rafal, Akarsh, Utkarsh, Daniel, Alexander, and
> Samikshan. :)
>
> Thanks a lot! I am very excited to get started with GSoC!
> Adityan

Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq