[Kstars-devel] typo in kstars

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Dec 18 17:47:01 UTC 2014

Yuri Chornoivan ha scritto:
> написане Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:05:25 +0200, Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja at ikarustech.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Not sure about the extraction part, I guess you can export sqlite to CSV
>> and then process it with sed? Regarding the 2nd part, the changes are lines
>> 366-368 and lines 397-399 in kstarsdata.cpp, so just wrapping those with
>> i18n() is enough?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jasem
>
> 1. I'm not sure if scripty can do this. Can it be some non-installable text
> file like Cities.dat?
>
> 2. Seems so (CCed to kde-i18n-doc for expert thoughts. Sorry I have no KF5
> installed to test by myself).

As we are in the Frameworks world, would it be possible to take a step back
and work on a common library of city names, maybe from some existing ISO
standard (ask John Layt maybe)?
I bet most of the names will be the same in KGeography. Maybe in Marble too...
and some of them also from timezone database.

Ciao
--
Luigi