[Kstars-devel] Issue with Abell planetaries catalog download

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 07:22:37 UTC 2014

Hi folks

There's a minor issue with the Abell planetary nebulae catalog
download from KNewStuff3 (i.e. "Download New Data"). It would be
helpful if someone more experienced with this kind of thing could look
into it.

The problem is that after we moved to the SQLite database for
additional deep-sky catalogs, we need to transfer the abell_pn.cat
into the SQLite DB. That is done in the UI by going to Settings ->
Configure KStars, then go to Catalogs, and click on "Load Catalog".
Then choose ~/.kde/share/apps/kstars/abell_pn.cat

I don't know how to automate this with KNS3... any fixes would be appreciated.