[Kstars-devel] We have a standalone Windows installer for the KF5 branch!

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 05:19:48 UTC 2014

Hi folks

I just heard from Nicolás Alvarez that he has a working standalone (!)
Windows installer for the Frameworks 5 branch. The installer is ~ 30
MB in size. It has no icons (at the moment), but is otherwise fully
contained. ~ 7MB is KStars and the remaining is Qt/KF5 dependencies.

It requires Windows >= Vista, and unfortunately, I don't have one
available to test it myself.

Here is Nicolás' installer:
http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/msi_setup/kstars-setup-0.0.1.exe

Those of you who can, try it out, and do give him some feedback!

Thank you, Nicolás!