[Kstars-devel] Porting What's Interesting to Qt5

Samikshan Bairagya samikshan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 18:21:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

So I have been facing problems [1] with not being able to get KStars
to build in my system since the file kde_file.h could not be found.

To fix [1], I commented out all instances where kde_file.h had been
included, included qplatformdefs.h in its place and used QT_FSEEK
instead of KDE_fseek. I have attached a patch along with this email
where you can check out the complete modifications introduced.

This got KStars to build upto the point where it failed to find the file
kinputdialog.h [2] again. Since KStars is building fine in your case
I must be missing something wrt to KF5. Maybe I need to setup
some environment variables or similar?

[1] http://paste.kde.org/pwox8ckls
[2] http://paste.kde.org/p2qtre0ns

Thanks and Regards,