[Kstars-devel] On the popularity of KStars

Bruce lists at faintfuzzies.ca
Fri Jan 25 16:04:24 UTC 2013

I quite agree with Bogdan.  Kstars maturity is also an issue when you compare
it to other programs free and commercial in all platforms.  Kstars is just now
at the beginning a full usable alternative to other programs.

I also agree with Akarsh that we need to look at our menu system to make it
more human friendly.

What is the Kstars mandate or statement of purpose?  It seems that we are now
leaving the world of education and entering the world of full featured
program.  In which case we need to define what we want to achieve, who is our
user base now and who do we wish to target in future.  We have beginner,
intermediate and advanced users.  What feature do we need to fulfil the
expectations of each group.  How best to we give each group what they need.

Maybe we might want to think about being proactive in this summers Google code
thingie and see if we can attract some who not only codes but has some
experience with user interfaces.  Put posters out in our schools and
universities, post to our lists, encourage those people to apply for the
position... is that do able?

--
Bruce Harding
Information Broker