[Kstars-devel] Who uses the batch calculator?

Henry de Valence hdevalence at hdevalence.ca
Sun Dec 15 23:55:32 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to replace all uses of the SkyPoint code using the vector-based
code written for my GSOC project[^1]. One use is the batch mode for
astrocalculations. I see no reason why the batch mode should be part of KStars
proper, rather than as a small standalone commandline executable with a man
page.

However, there's no documentation of how the batch calculator is actually
supposed to work. Google turns up this helpful link [0]. If anyone here uses
the batch calculator, please send a few example files so I can write a
standalone executable, as it seems that the existing code is undocumented and
possibly broken. Otherwise I'll just remove it.

Cheers,
Henry

[^1]: For motivation, see my email to the list (as a reviewboard comment) of
23 Sept.

[0]: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=96081