[Kstars-devel] error in "fitsimage.cpp" while building the binaries #Gsoc

nalin chhibber nalin.chhibber at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 23:00:02 UTC 2013

Hello World!

My name is Nalin (codeinjector), a third year student pursuing Bachelors Of
Computer Science & Engineering from MSIT/Indraprastha University New Delhi
,India. I am very delighted to work for Kstars and currently building the
binaries from source to find any bugs/errors .

I followed the steps mentioned at
techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Building_KStars
and found error in one of the file "fitsimage.cpp"

However the process mentioned in link above had some glitches related to
ZLIB,
after doing *cmake ../kstars -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/kde/usr  * as mentioned in the link above,
I got an error missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR ( complete log in
attachment "typescript" ) which I found was similar to the matter discussed
here->
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/taglib-devel/2010-June/001566.html
(quite old thread though)

to resolve the ZLIB issue->
1) I fetched the tar package by doing *wget
http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.7.tar.gz
*2)extracted the tar,
3)configured the zlib library by doing *./configure --prefix=/usr/local/zlib
*
4)compiled it using  *make*
5) and finally installed it by *make install
*   I also did
*aptitude install zlib1g-dev *to place the headers at their respective place

^these steps successfully installed ZLIB and now instead of doing *cmake
../kstars -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/kde/usr,

I did
cmake ../kstars  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/kde/usr
-DZLIB_LIBRARY:FILEPATH="/home/codeinjector/zlib-1.2.7"
-DZILB_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH="/home/codeinjector/zlib-1.2.7"
(to point to respective directories**)*

and the code was *configured successfully*.
'but' after that,
the *make* and *make install* of original
procedure<http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Building_KStars>threw
error in the file (I couldnt manage to get the complete log this
time,But here's the screenshot)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4MMNHlRfGSzaVRDREQ2NXNjRHM/edit

^which shows gcc is not willing to accept "QFile" in nested name specifier.

I am using *gcc 4.6* , *QT 4.7.4* on *Mint 12(* lisa )
link here <http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Building_KStars> is
for debian/kbuntu but it should work for mint aswell, right?

Badly want to contribute towards kstar this time. Not sure if there's
something wrong I am doing. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Nalin_C(codeinjector)
www.nalinchhibber.com