[Kstars-devel] GSoC 2011 project

Rafal Kulaga rl.kulaga at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 18:00:02 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

Sorry for late response.

>> I've got one thing I'd like changed and one thing added.  I would like
>> see the border made in to full (thinkish) lines as the thinner double
>> lines are hard to see in the dark.

Which lines do you mean? Anyway, it sounds like a quick fix.

>> I would like to see the option to import the observation list.

Very nice feature indeed. Will work on that in free time - not much of
that recently, though.

> Yes, I agree. The observing list export is my major "want to see" feature in
> the printing section of KStars. I did give it a thought some day. Given how
> complicated our code is getting, I almost think the right way to handle this
> is using a DBus-based script. I almost think that many of these features
> should start having script implementations.

Why would you want to use DBus for that? I mean, wouldn't it be an overkill?

> It might be worth thinking of scripts as projects for Google Code-In 2012.
> Unfortunately, I expect to have very little time till (American)
> Thanksgiving, after which I should be able to do some GCI 2012 mentoring as
> well. Let's see how it goes.

I should have enough time to mentor some projects in GCI 2012.

Cheers,
Rafal