[Kstars-devel] [bug] KStars should use system time zone and DST data

Daniel-Marian Baboiu daniel.baboiu at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 13 19:29:33 UTC 2012

I agree that time should be stored ad JD - maybe with additional fields
as UT (also DST independent), to avoid recalculating it every time we
need it. Time zone rules should indeed go outside kstars - all OS ans
desktop environments have tables of time zone rules for all areas, not
only for the local zone. For example, the clock applet in KDE can handle
multiple time zones at the same time.