[Kstars-devel] Can't get Kstars working on windows 7

Dan Webb danielrwebb at cox.net
Tue Feb 28 17:17:01 UTC 2012

To Whom ever,

I have recently got Kstars working with Linux Ubuntu and I like the way
it looks.  I have tried unsuccessfully to get it to work with windows
7.  I have downloaded it several times and keep getting the same file:
kstars-1.2.tar.bz2.  As you probably know it contains over 900 files and
not one '.exe' program file.  It looks like it contains every thing you
might need to compile it with Linux.  That's not much help for windows.
I have also download I have never had so much trouble getting a program
I downloaded to work.  There is a way to get it to work  with windows,
right?  Why is it double compressed.  ei with /bz2/ *and* /tar/ ?  Can
you help me get Kstars working with windows 7?  What is the solution?

Your help would be appreciated,
Dan