[Kstars-devel] Possible factual errors in KStars handbook

Stefan Asserhäll stefan.asserhall at comhem.se
Thu Aug 9 16:04:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

When translating the new chapter on telescopes (kstars_telescopes.pot) in
KStar's handbook to Swedish, I found a couple of possible factual errors (I
say possible, because I'm refering to articles in Wikipedia, which of course
also could be erroneous).

1. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arecibo_telescope, "a huge dish
of 300 m" should be "a huge dish of 305 m".
2. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atacama_Large_Millimeter_Array,
"Atacama Large Military Array (ALMA)" should be "Atacama Large Millimeter
Array (ALMA)", "50 telescopes placed in the United States, Europe and Japan."
should be "66 telescopes placed in the Atacama desert of northern Chile."
3. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Webb_Space_Telescope.
"which will be launched in 2011" should be "which is planned to be launched in
2018", "6m primary mirror" should be "6.5m primary mirror".

Could the person responsible for the handbook please take a look, and update
the chapter if necessary?

Please CC me in any reply, because I'm not subscribed to the list.

--
Stefan Asserhäll