[Kstars-devel] http://edu.kde.org/kstars/svn.php

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Tue Jul 26 16:05:36 UTC 2011

Hi

attached some patches for the webpage svn.php with changes from svn->git,
trunk->master etc but I did not touch the most important bug.

This page is afaik only referenced from the documentation faq.docbook +
install.docbook, but apparently not reachable from the kstars page on
edu.kde.org?

svn.php has this recipe to build kstars:
<quote>
$ cs # cs is not a typo.
$ cd KDE/
$ svn up --depth files kdeedu
$ cd kdeedu
$ svn up cmake data doc libkdeedu kstars # Some of these are superfluous as
well
# Install eigen2 and opengl, using your distribution specific tools
$ cmakekde
</quote>

This recipe does not work because:
1) You need to have installed
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Environment#.bashrc first for
cmakekde command, but that is not said here
"svn up" is no proper command to checkout the sources.

So either this should be removed completely and replaced with a link to
techbase or written like http://kate-editor.org/get-it/ with instruction
specific only for kstars.

I'd prefer to have a recipe to build kstars in kstars/svn.php, pointing people
to techbase with this many informations will probably only confuse them and
prevent them building kstars from sources.

--
Burkhard Lück