[Kstars-devel] Re: Getting Started

Alexey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 19:40:35 CEST 2011

On 02.04.2011 21:54, Akarsh Simha wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm hijacking this thread since I thought this might be relevant.
>
> OpenHatch is coordinating this "Build It" event -- where a whole bunch
> of projects guide you through building stuff.
>
> I recall that building KStars + KDE was my biggest roadblock in
> getting started with KDE development, and I gather that's true of a
> lot of people.

Indeed I spent a few days struggling with build system. It became much
easier now. Just grab sources from git, install required develompent
packages (no need to build kdelibs) and cmake && make install. That's all

I think it's important to make sure that kstars works with few last
versions of kdelibs. Requirement to build kdelibs significantly raises
the bar. For example I too lazy bother myself with it.

> I think this is worth doing for KStars if we all can spare some time
> this week. Which day would work best for other developers here? For
> me, Tuesdays and Wednesdays work reasonably well.

I'm afraid I won't have any time at all for a next 2-3 weeks.