[Kstars-devel] User questions: star size on screen and observation log

Ron Bentley rtbentley at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 16:02:08 CEST 2010

Akarsh,

Thanks so much for the reply.

> I'm surprised that this is the case for mag 7 ~ 8 stars even when
> zoomed in. It would be nice if you could file a bug report on
> bugs.kde.org against KStars.

I'd be glad to file the bug report, but I'm now unable to reproduce the
problem.  It's behaving just as I'd expect: I zoom in and lower
magnitude stars get larger.

I had been playing with the star density setting, and I had just
downloaded the additional star catalogs.  I also had time stopped for
most of the observing session.  Maybe a combination of those was an
issue, or maybe it was just a problem on the user side of the user
interface (ie., me!).

In any case, it's working exactly right now, and I'll hold off on the
bug report unless I bump into it again in a reproducible way.

Once again, many thanks for the help.

Ron