[Kstars-devel] Re: Refraction question from KStars

Victor Carbune victor.carbune at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 01:00:45 CET 2010

Hi Mederic,

> A wild guess would be that the formula gives the refraction in degree (resp. arcmin) and that kstars expects arcmin (resp. arcsec)?
The code multiplies by 1/60, so I guess it's about arcmin (resp.
arcsec) to degree (resp. arcmin), if a conversion is indeed the case.

If the formula would indeed give the result in degrees, as Ana
implemented, it would a correction of about 1-2 degrees.
This can only lead to the fact that the formula gives the correction
in minutes, and it gets converted into kstars in degrees. I'm looking
though for some confirmation, as in the Meeus book I can't see
anything specified about having minutes as units..

Victor